I am running for Vancouver Port Commissioner, District 3, and would love to earn your vote for this non-partisan position. I want to bring my experience in business, local government, and leadership to the port board.
Our port plays an important role in our local economy. They control 1600 acres of public property, receive our tax dollars every year, and are charged with using those assets to create good paying, stable jobs while preserving the environment. Today there are about 50 industrial tenants that not only employ 3200 people, but also generate $2.9 billon of economic benefits for our community.
With that level of industry, the port is a major economic engine for Clark County. However, we can do more. Currently there are 600 acres not being used, so there is a huge potential for more jobs.
I want to bring my extensive experience to the port and help make several things happen.
- Create additional good paying jobs on this side of the river
- Improve freight mobility on land and water
- Create a Climate Action Plan that balances business and environment needs
- Improve the port's reputation through continued transparency and community involvement
- Lead the port to be a strong partner in developing a skilled workforce in our community
- And, of course, lead the port to be a fiscally responsible, efficient, and effective organization.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.
“I am running for Vancouver Port Commissioner, District 3, to bring my experience in business, local government, and leadership to the port board.”
- Jack Burkman